Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Am Thankful for Lotsa Things...Especially for Sweets, and Except for Spices!

I was going to write another blog right after Thanksgiving, but Mom made me wait because she had this ludicrous idea about putting me on a big platter, buck nekkid, with parsley all around me and paper caps over my feet so I looked like a turkey. I'm so glad she didn't.  Plus, most turkeys are way bigger than me anyway. I'm only twelve pounds for goodness sake. The whole thing would have been just over-the-top humiliating.

Thanksgiving with GAC, GUM, and Mom was very relaxing.  I thought I had seen a lot of food with as much as Mom likes to cook, but I hadn't seen nuthin'! The house smelled so good.  It was a mixture of sweet and spicy and herbal.  Nuts, meat, wine, stuffing, potatoes, cranberries. All of it together made my mouth water, so Mom let me taste test a few things. I find that lots of the foods that smell like spices are the ones that I don't like so much. It's the sweet stuff that I can't get enough of!  Even back in that warm, watery environment I stayed in for 9 months, I made Dad go across the street and buy me all sorts of candy.  Mmmmm. Candy. I wish I could talk with actual words like the big people use.  If I could, I would tell them that I am thankful for so many things, so many that I can't even count them...that is, if I knew how to count. I would tell them that in 4 months of being alive, I am thankful for just being here. I wake up and can barely contain myself because every tiny little thing that the big people take for granted is a new adventure for me! I am thankful for toys that make noise (something Dad taught me to appreciate), taste testing all sorts of new foods whether I like them or not (something Mom taught me to appreciate), blowing raspberries, conquering feats of strength like rolling over and propping myself up on my elbows during tummy time, bursting out in laughter, having a story read to me, singing at the top of my lungs, feetie pajamas, my hands, warm bottles, burping and tooting while it's still socially acceptable, and that someone is always there to take care of me anytime I need or want anything.  Thank you to everyone who is making my adjustment to Earth a very pleasant one so far. I'm one of the happiest babies I know and it's all because of you.  Anyhoo, here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving!

A little while before Thanksgiving Mom was making something called hummus.  She put an herb called Rosemary in it and let me play with it and put it in my mouth.  Yuck.  Not to mention, the end result looked like something I leave in my diaper.  Double yuck.

She also let me sniff the garlic. It smelled so awful that thankfully, she didn't make me taste it at all.
Come to find out I don't care much for celery either, although it does come in handy for waving all around willy-nilly! Ha!

But it's really Mom's homemade cinnamon applesauce that I really love. That and pistachio ice cream. Yeah that's the good stuff.

If Halloween and Thanksgiving were so much fun, I can't even IMAGINE what this "Christmas" holiday must be like!  Supposedly it's the biggest most festive holiday all year long!  I know Mom has been talking a lot about her favorite Christmas movie called "Elf."  Maybe we'll watch it soon and I can see what all the hubbub is all about!  She also wants to drive around and see "the lights."  Hmmm. More adventures in store for me!

I hope all of you had a very happy Thanksgiving and remembered all of the reasons you are thankful. If I'm only 4 months old and have this much to be thankful for, there must be tons and tons to be thankful for when I'm like two! Oh my gosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment